If you’re a fan of Dungeons and Dragons, you know that the wait between sessions can be painful. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Here are the best DnD podcasts in 2022 that will help tide you over until your next group session. These podcasts are all hosted by talented Dungeon Masters who will take you on exciting adventures with engaging storylines. So sit back, relax, and enjoy these top DnD podcasts!
Here are our top picks for the best DnD podcasts in 2022:
Click the links above to learn more about each of these podcasts, why they’re among the best, what we like about them, and more.
The Adventure Zone
The Adventure Zone is a podcast hosted by three brothers, Griffin, Justin, and Travis McElroy. They’re joined by their father Clint for a D&D campaign set in the world of The Elder Scrolls.
Why listeners love The Adventure Zone:
- It’s entertaining and funny
- The McElroy brothers have great chemistry
- New episodes are released frequently
What we like about The Adventure Zone:
- The McElroy brothers’ witty banter
- How the podcast is edited to include sound effects and music
- That it’s appropriate for all ages
Dungeon Crawlers Radio
Dungeon Crawlers Radio is a podcast that features two main hosts, Scott Alan Marriott and Patrick Hester. They invite various guests to join them each week to play D&D.
Why listeners tune in to Dungeon Crawlers Radio:
- The hosts have great energy and keep the podcast lively
- They invite interesting guests to play with them each week
- They’re not afraid to get silly and have fun with the game
Why we like to listen to Dungeon Crawlers Radio:
- How interactive it is- listeners can submit questions for the hosts and guests to answer during the show.
- The hosts are always willing to give advice to new players.
- They’re able to make complex topics easy to understand for newbies.
Dragon Talk is a podcast hosted by Shelly Mazzanoble and Greg Tito of Wizards of the Coast. They’re joined by various guests each week, including D&D celebrities, to talk about all things D&D.
Why listeners love Dungeon Talk:
- The guests are always interesting and have a lot of great things to say about D&D.
- The hosts are very knowledgeable about the game and are able to answer any questions you might have.
- They’re always up-to-date on the latest news in the D&D world.
- All Things D&D
Why we enjoy tuning in to Dungeon Talk:
- The hosts are always lively and make the show enjoyable to listen to.
- They invite a variety of guests on the show, so you’re never sure who you might hear from next.
- They’re always up-to-date on the latest happenings in the world of D&D.
Critical Role is a podcast that features a group of, as Matt Mercer introduces them, “nerdy-ass voice actors” voice actors playing D&D. The cast includes Matthew Mercer, Taliesin Jaffe, Ashley Johnson, Liam O’Brien, Marisha Ray, Travis Willingham, and Sam Riegel. This is a group that is arguably the most widely known.
Why listeners love Critical Role:
- The voice acting is top notch.
- The players are clearly having a great time.
- It’s well edited and produced.
- They play a lot of interesting characters.
Why we listen to Critical Role:
- In each episode, you can tell that the players are really enjoying themselves.
- They have great chemistry with each other.
- The editing is top notch and it’s clear that a lot of work goes into making each episode.
- Their D&D knowledge is vast and they’re always coming up with new and interesting ideas for characters and campaigns.
- They even created a Go Fund Me-backed animated series called “The Legend of Vox Machina” which has released 9 episodes to date.
Hey there, I’m Alexander King and I’ve been playing video games and RPGs for years!
While playing, I found that there’s so much information that’s difficult to find in this space; I created The Daily RPG to make that information a click away. So follow along for RPG guides, tips and walkthroughs, product recommendations, and more!